The Navigator

The Navigator

The Navigator

Polls

Where did you visit this spring break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

For All The Dogs is a Classic

Enjoying the album during class.
Hank Walker
Enjoying the album during class.

On October 6, 2023, Drake dropped his most recent studio album, For All The Dogs. I’ve listened to the full thing a few times, and I’m here to say that it is a classic. Drake has pulled through yet again and blessed our ears with a masterpiece.

The album has zero misses. The only bad songs are interludes, and they don’t actually count as songs. Some of the top songs to come out this year happen to be on this album, including “Slime You Out,” “IDGAF,” and “Virginia Beach.” The album is a perfect length, with 23 songs, lasting 1 hour and 24 minutes. The album doesn’t drag on with filler songs. The order of the songs is also good, mixing in calm songs with more upbeat songs.

When it comes to my favorites, I have a bunch. My favorite songs on the album are, “Virginia Beach,” “7969 Santa,” “Bahamas Promises,” and “8am In Charlotte.” While these songs aren’t necessarily the most popular songs on the album, I think they are some of the best. I like every song on the album, and I think it’s incredible that my attention was captured so well with just one album.

This album has a little bit for everyone. There are more hardcore rap songs and some electronic-sounding music. But there are also calmer R&B songs. He mixes in a ton of different feelings, such as sadness, happiness, love, etc. I rate this album a 9/10. Drake outdid himself with this one and made the best album of this year.