The Navigator

The Navigator

The Navigator

Polls

Where did you visit this spring break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Sasquatch Gang review

An Unexpected Masterpiece ✭✭✭✭✭
Annie Garbers
The Sasquatch Gang

This summer, a friend and I came across a low-rated 2006 film directed by Tim Skousen: The Sasquatch Gang.

I’ll admit, our expectations were practically on the floor. However, I can now confidently say that this strange, absurd, and absolutely hilarious movie is now one of my favorites. 

This movie won the hearts of everyone watching at the Slamdance Film Festival in 2006, but only made a little over $9,000 at the box office. The Sasquatch Gang shifts through the four perspectives of best friends Gavin and Hobie (Jeremy Sumpter and Hubbel Palmer), their trashy neighbor Zerk (Justin Long), and video store worker Sophie (Addie Land). Through these different standpoints, the story of Gavin Gore finding sasquatch prints in the woods comes together in a charming and comical way. 

I have to disagree with the current ratings this movie faces. I was amazed by the writing. The writing was unlike any movie I’ve seen, with ridiculous quotes like “Why you gotta be holdin’ a corn dog while I’m trying to give you a high five?” The chemistry the actors have is perfect, with the scenes playing out almost identically to the real world. 

I would love to see more movies like this being made in the future. The movie: The Sasquatch Gang is a perfect option when you need a laugh.