The Navigator

The Navigator

The Navigator

Polls

Where did you visit this spring break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Five reasons to participate in STI Testing Day

Henry Paton (’25) as the STI Testing Wizard. (Sam Scott (‘24))

November 15, 2023 is the day for STI testing at Southwest High School. You can get STI tested whenever you want but it is nothing like STI Testing Day. There are many benefits of STI testing, five of which can be found below:

1. It is Free. When thinking about any type of medical test, you would think it is very expensive and not worth the price. That is not the case for the STI tests. They are completely free of charge.
  2. The Goodie Bag.  Not only are the tests free, but you also get a bag filled with surprises that make the test totally worth it.
  3. It is totally pain free. The STI test is not like the blood drive at Southwest. Instead of a frightening needle, all you need to provide is a urine sample.
  4. Good for relationships. If you are sexually active, it is a good way to provide reassurance for your partner. You do not want to spread an STI to anybody else.
  5. Your Health. Having an STI is not particularly good for you in general. If you happen to test positive for one, you are now aware of your STI and can speak with a doctor about your further approach to it.

Last year, 134 people tested for an STI with no bad experiences. There is no reason not to take the STI test and I recommend all of you head down to E021 for your free STI test on November 15.